Rebel: Imagens, palavras...a essência... a natureza

Rebel

LOOKING IN WINDOW


R.E.B.E.L - Most View- - Week- Top Ten

quarta-feira, 24 de abril de 2024

Earth Day

 This Earth Day🌎22.04 Let’s each do our part to reduce our dependence on plastics and oil, and also continue to demand that all corporations do their part in reducing the production of plastics and pollution into sustainable, eco-friendly solutions. 

🌏
O que já foi o maior shopping center do norte de Ohio foi construído onde havia um lago que eu costumava visitar todas as tardes de verão...
Amando a terra, vendo o que foi feito com ela, fico afiado, fico frio.
Para onde irão os trílios e o coltsfoot? Para onde irão os lírios do lago para continuarem vivendo suas vidas simples e sem um tostão, erguendo suas faces douradas..
Impossível acreditar que precisamos tanto quanto o mundo quer que compremos. Tenho mais roupas, luminárias, pratos e clipes de papel do que poderia usar antes de morrer.
Ah, eu gostaria de morar numa casa vazia, com trepadeiras nas paredes e um tapete de grama. Sem tábuas, sem plástico, sem fibra de vidro.
E suponho que algum dia o farei. Velho e frio, ficarei afastado de toda essa compra e venda, tendo apenas a bela terra em meu coração.
What Was Once the Largest Shopping Center in Northern Ohio Was Built Where There Had Been a Pond I Used to Visit Every Summer Afternoon
Loving the earth, seeing what has been done to it, I grow sharp, I grow cold.
Where will the trilliums go, and the coltsfoot? Where will the pond lilies go to continue living their simple, penniless lives, lifting their faces of gold?
Impossible to believe we need so much as the world wants us to buy. I have more clothes, lamps, dishes, paper clips than I could possibly use before I die.
Oh, I would like to live in an empty house, with vines for walls, and a carpet of grass. No planks, no plastic, no fiberglass.
And I suppose sometime I will. Old and cold I will lie apart from all this buying and selling, with only the beautiful earth in my heart. By Mary Oliver